There are two ways in which Scorpion can become blocked. Be familiar
with these patterns to avoid moving cards into a dead end situation.
- Reversed Sequence Having two cards in ascending order
of on top of a card which has a rank one above the card on top all in the
same suit. For example, in a four of clubs on top of a three of clubs which is
on top of a five of clubs, the three and the four must be moved before the
other can be placed in order, resulting in a deadlock.
- "Criss-cross" This is a deadlock which occurs in two stacks,
such as a nine of diamonds on the three of spades in one stack and
the four of spades on the ten of diamonds.
Having empty spaces accept cards other than kings will allow these impasses
to be broken.
Clicking on these buttons will perform the following actions:
- New Game
- Begin a new game after shuffling the deck
- Return to the original state of the current game
- Return to the condition before the previous move was
- Bring up a window with the
- # of face down stacks
- This option allows altering the
number of building stacks containing three face down cards from the default
of four. Decreasing the number of face down stacks will increase the
probability of victory. A new game must be started for this option to take
- Empty spaces accept
This option enables empty building stacks to accept cards other than kings.
- Version 1.00 (2000/2/26)
- First Public Release
Idiot's Delight Home